Chestnut Mountain Ranch provides a Christ-centered school and home for boys in crisis and in need of hope and healing. Partnering with their families, we pursue family restoration and reunification.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To lead Chestnut Mountain Ranch in the expanding on-campus school which provides our students (primarily 6th-10th grade) with individualized education leading to an exceptional educational program.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead Chestnut Mountain Ranch Christian School in line with a Christian education philosophy and vision outlined in CMR Mission Statement.
- Oversee CMRCS staff – recruit, hire, set expectations, develop, and manage/evaluate tutors, interns, and school administrative staff.
- Spiritual leader of the school and staff.
- Monitor progress of each student, and ensure IEPs are adjusted as needed – ensure students are accomplishing their goals and progressing.
- Coordinate CMRCS program and calendar with CMR residential program.
- Annually, review curriculum options available and make selections based on the needs of the CMRCS students.
- Manage the financial/budget dimensions of school.
- Manage facilities and their upkeep – from cleanliness and safety viewpoint.
- Select testing/evaluation tools and oversee the process to ensure appropriate curriculum selection for every student.
- Handle all matters related to ACSI accreditation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Program Director.
- Christian of high moral and ethical character.
- Agrees with Chestnut Mountain Ranch Statement of Faith.
- Regularly attends church and is actively involved with a community of believers.
- Passion for helping children develop their God-given potential; must understand and support the importance of individualized education, the unique challenges of the Chestnut Mountain Ranch population of children.
- Model the “love of learning” and the “love of teaching”.
- Passion and giftedness for teaching others.
- Dynamic leadership style – able to inspire staff to inspire children and overcome barriers for the benefit of our children.
- Excellent communicator – ability to translate CMRCS vision, values, mission, goals, and philosophy into appropriate forms and language.
- “Out-of-the-box” thinker – not enthralled with traditional educational approaches, but creative in approach to develop children’s giftedness, critical thinking skills, etc.
- Excellent character, health and emotional stability.
- Cultivator of good relational skills.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Team player; highly approachable.
The candidate does not have to have served in the traditional teacher or school administrator roles; however, he or she must have a strong proven track record of teaching experience in some capacity – perhaps as youth pastor, coach, Sunday school teacher, etc. Preference in hiring will be given to those who have professional experience in the care of children from difficult situations or whose life experiences reinforce their expressed desire to minister to such children.
The following years are not meant to be absolutes, but rather are intended to ensure a certain level of responsibility, maturity and longevity in role modeling. The following skills and leadership experiences are important:
- Masters level, preferably.
- 4+ years combined teaching and administrative experience.
- 2 years experience in special needs, mental health, or counseling are preferred.
2 years leadership as a curriculum or grade level Department Head.
3+ years managing people/direct reports.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.